WEA London provides all its education as a result of partnership with community and London based organisations. These include:
- Trade unions - our partners for much of our workplace learning and Trade union learning who work with our Workplace team
- Employers such as NHS trusts, local government and the army, for whom we provide workplace learning and training programmes
- Schools - our partner for much of our Family Learning programmes
- Museums, libraries, galleries and cultural organisations, through which we offer parts of our General Programme.
- Local authorities. We work in partnership with many London boroughs on community programmes, meeting local needs in areas such as English as a Second Language and Community Interpreting.
- Residential centres for older people and charities for the homeless.
- Organisations who work with refugees and asylum seekers
Organisations that we have worked in partnership with include:
- British Museum
- Awards for All
- Tate Britain
- UK Online
- Ten Feet Away Festival
- 3rd Age Project
- Arsenal Red Zone
- North West London College and Brent Council Travellers' Group
- Kurdish Community Youth Centre, Haringey
- Islington LEA
- Bromley-by-Bow Healthy Living Centre
- Camden LEA
- London Voluntary Sector Training Consortium
Partnership arrangements vary according to circumstances. In some cases, the organisation is paid to provide courses to specific students by a public sector organisation. In others, community centres enter an agreement to support courses and the education is funded by the Skills Funding Agency. Finally, through our branches (see map), we deliver a large programme of courses paid for directly by students.
WEA London actively seeks to develop new partnerships. If you have a group or groups of potential students you would like to provide courses to, please click here to contact us.